Since its inaugural season in 1989, the Atlantic Classical Orchestra’s mission has been to present musical performances of the highest possible artistic level while encouraging and cultivating the appreciation of classical symphonic music by offering enriching, educational, and accessible musical experiences to Treasure Coast & Palm Beach County residents. Now, on its 28th season, the Atlantic Classical Orchestra continues to broaden its outreach as a primary cultural resource throughout the Treasure Coast & Palm Beach County area.
Educational Sponsorship & Initiatives
The Atlantic Classical Orchestra’s Education Outreach Program seeks to foster the appreciation, cultivation and support of classical music by engaging with the community’s local schools and educational music programs. The orchestra’s main focus derives from its mission statement which seeks to offer “enriching, educational, and accessible musical experiences to Treasure Coast & Palm Beach County residents.” As a cultural organization, the Atlantic Classical Orchestra understands the impact music has in the lives of children, young adults, professionals, families and retired adults. Therefore, for the 2017-2018 season, the ACO’s Educational Outreach projects include:
- Young adult educational outreach performances in local area schools.
- Sponsorship of young adult lobby performances
- Music rehearsals led by Maestro David Amado
- Small ensemble and sectional coaching
- “Behind the Baton” Adult Life Long Learning
- Free Pre-concert lectures
- Coffee with the Maestro in conjunction with the Arts Council of Martin County
- Instrument Playground interactions in major cultural and community events.
CONNECT WITH US
Get the latest news & offers
Atlantic Classical Orchestra, Inc. is a 501 (C) 3 organization. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of the Consumer Services by calling toll-free (1.800.435.7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state.