The Atlantic Classical Orchestra is currently seeking a Director of Development.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Atlantic Classical Orchestra is seeking an experienced Director of Development to act as the key driver in generating revenue through fundraising efforts in Vero Beach, Stuart and Palm Beach Gardens. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, executing and managing all of the Atlantic Classical Orchestra’s (ACO), fundraising activities including the annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, fundraising events, corporate sponsorships, government and foundation grants and Friends of the Atlantic Classical Orchestra.
The Director of Development reports and works closely with the Executive Director. The Director of Development will engage and guide the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Devise, implement and manage a development plan that encompasses annual fund giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate sponsorships, grants, and fundraisers.
- Engage the Board of Directors in fundraising activities, provide training on the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and potential donors.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Music Director, and board members on cultivation and solicitation of key prospects.
- Provide advice, training, and leadership for the ACO volunteer groups in the execution of their fundraising initiatives.
- Meet current, prospective and lapsed donors, as well as corporate sponsors on a continual basis.
- Make public appearances/speaking engagements to build relationships, support and awareness surrounding the ACO.
- Attend Atlantic Classical Orchestra events and concerts.
- Oversee and ensure accurate recording of all donor records.
- Work with the staff on setting protocols for all documentation and communication with all current and future patrons and donors.
- Develop and manage the production of all collateral needed for all fundraising endeavors.
- Manage department budget, work closely with the Executive Director and CFO on projections, and accounting of expenses and actual income.
- Oversee the execution of all fundraising events.
Individual Giving, Major Gifts, and Planned Giving
- Develop and execute a plan to cultivate, steward, and solicit individuals, as well as major gifts.
- Devise and implement strategies to develop a stream of prospective new donors.
- Develop and execute strategies for planned giving.
- Create, implement and oversee the successful execution of acknowledgment for all gifts and donations.
- Coordinate with marketing department providing an accurate and up-to-date list of individual donors and corporate sponsors for each program book.
- Research, apply and manage all grants that are available to increase the ACO’s education and community outreach efforts.
- Complete and manage all current state grant applications, as well as current recurring grants.
- Cultivate and steward current and potential corporate sponsors.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on a menu of sponsorship levels and benefits.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and Staff to ensure sponsors receive all benefits based on their level of giving.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in professional fundraising.
- Experience in a supervisory and leadership role managing staff, volunteers and working with a board.
- Track record of creating, implementing and managing successful fundraising programs that have met or exceeded planned goals.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral skills.
- Knowledge of the Vero Beach, Stuart, and Palm Beach Gardens area is preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music and the cultural arts is preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Patron Manager software is preferred but not required.
For immediate consideration, applicants should email a resume and cover letter demonstrating how their skills and experience qualify them for the position, as well as salary requirements to email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2019
Atlantic Classical Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.